Programmatic modeling by script?

7176.5 In reply to 7176.4 
Hi chipp, yeah unfortunately MoI is still fairly immature in that area of user scripting. It's something that I want to enhance more in the future but so far the focus in MoI (like you note) has been very much on "regular user experience" and not so much on things that are specific only to advanced users...

If you do want to dig into it anyway, you can find some initial info here: http://moi3d.com/wiki/scripting - that has the moi.idl file which lists the basic object model that shows what properties and objects are available to scripts.

Then the main way to see how it works is to examine the existing command scripts and UI code which you will find inside the \commands and \ui sub-folders inside of the main MoI installation (if you're on a mac, right-click and choose "Show package contents" and inside there go to drive_c/moi to find the commands and ui subfolders).

But like I mentioned expect to have a high learning curve with a lot of exploration and testing required, things in that area have just not been a big target area for MoI as of yet, there are plenty of things that I want to do in the future to make something like what you are describing somewhat easier to accomplish, right now there would be a lot of work and time involved.

- Michael