AMONIT modelling

7172.31 In reply to 7172.29 
Hi Lara,

> My last question for the moment is, how do I arrange it that the swept objects along the
> helix do point into the center of the helix?

I'm not entirely sure I understand what the "swept objects along the helix" means - do you mean you want to reposition the profile curves used for the sweep so they are all on lines radiating out from the center point?

If so then maybe setting up a guide line like Pilou shows above and then using those lines as snapping guides to reposition the profiles.

Probably the easiest way to reposition a curve to a different orientation in the Top view is to use the Transform > Orient > Line to Line command.

To use orient line to line, select the object you want to reposition, then run the Transform > Orient > Line to line command, it will then ask you to select a base start point and a base end point. in the Top view snap these onto the curve you are repositioning. Then it will ask you for a target start and end point, you want to select the target start point onto the helix, and then select the target end point onto the guide line, or instead of using guide lines you can use the "perpendicular" straight snap for the second target point to make the second point come off perpendicular from the helix.

- Michael