mns ring

706.6 In reply to 706.3 
> I try do duplicate the same proccess in each software I don't know
> enough about either one to be any good yet.

Well it looks like you are off to a good start, that ring seems to have turned out well.

> how big of one should I get I seen a 9x12 for $200 and smaller ones for the same price..

Big ones can be good for tracing drawings. Sometimes a small one is actually more convenient for certain types of drawing on the screen since it is sometimes nice not to move your hand very far. But you can also configure a large one to only use a smaller piece of it as well to get that same effect. But small does not necessarily mean bad depending on what you want to do.

However, if you're not already using a tablet for other things like Photoshop or vector drawing, you may find it a bit difficult to get used to it. It is very nice if you like to do regular drawing with a pen or pencil though, since the tablet has a much closer feel to that than drawing with a mouse.

If you do decide to get one, also check out the ArtRage sketching/drawing software (http://artrage.com) , it is really nice on a tablet as well.

> a friend said I should make sure it has a scroll ,and I was wondering are
> you able to zoom in like you can using a mouse

I've never seen one with a scroll wheel, it's not really standard gear for a pen tablet.

That's one of the reasons why most CAD software is very awkward to use with a tablet, because the pen does not have some of the stuff that is normally on a mouse. CAD software has become very dependent on the mouse configuration.

MoI has a solution to this, since you can use the view control panel in the bottom part of the viewport to handle zooming, rotating, and panning around:

That panel will show up at the bottom of a viewport when you move your mouse into the view. It will initially be kind of faded into the background and will solidify if you move over top of it.

To zoom, you click, hold down and drag up or down on the zoom button. You can can try this with the mouse right now as well.

When you use a tablet, you will probably want to use that panel down there for all your view manipulations, that's what it is designed for. Each of the Zoom, Pan, and Rotate buttons work in a similar way - you click and hold down on them and them and then drag around a small distance to cause the action. Don't drag very far, just a little distance will do it.

- Michael
Attachments: