Couple quick questions..

7055.2 In reply to 7055.1 
Hi Chipp,

> 1. I assume just showing edges is the equivalent of rendering in wireframe mode, correct?

Yeah pretty much - there is also a "faint wireframe" mode that objects can be set into which shows a dashed mode wireframe. This is the one you see when you do the Move command for example, the base object goes into faint wireframe mode. But it is also possible to set that mode onto objects by a script.

Check here for some various wireframe scripts:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#SetSelectedObjectToWireframe

> Is there a way to *selectively* show edges for different objects?

I think there's one for that on the above link.

> Is there a shortcut to toggle 'wireframe' vs 'shaded' mode?

Not for the entire display if you're asking about a full viewport display mode. In Moi setting a wireframe mode means setting some properties on particular objects, either setting the objects into faint wireframe mode or hiding their faces and leaving only edges showing.

> What about just showing faces?

Go to the Scene Browser Types section, and on the entry for "Faces" right click on the eye icon, that shows faces and hides every other type of object.

> 2. Is it possible to *select* objects by either clicking in the styles or objects window?

Yes, selections on a scene browser item are done by clicking on the selection indicator dot, the same place that shows the selection status. See the help topic for the scene browser for more information:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#scenebrowser

> 3. How does one install the command line field in the UI?

It's already in there by default, the XYZ input box on the bottom toolbar which shows and allows you to enter x,y,z values for the current point being picked is also a mini command line entry, you can type a command name there and push Enter as an alternate way to launch a command. You can push Tab to put focus on there before typing.

> 4. Is the UI still fully configurable with HTML? For instance, would this still work? I notice it was
> created PRE version 3 and I think I remember reading somewhere that the customization features
> changed for V3.

The UI is still configurable with HTML but many of the specific things have changed, for example in V2 and before most of the controls and rounded corners and such were done by bitmap images. In v3 much of the structure of the UI has changed to instead use CSS properties for things like rounded corners. So the way the HTML is all set up is fairly different between v2 and v3 and you can't just take HTML designed to work in v2 and just directly put it into v3 and have it work. So no that old UI won't be possible to work in v3.

Hope this helps!

- Michael