"Edit Styles" Button

6975.4 In reply to 6975.1 
Hi Blackbird,

> Hi Michael,
> is it possible to add a tiny EDIT-button beside the select-button on
> the styles tab on the single styles?

Well, it's kind of been a focus to try and keep the scene browser nice and streamlined and not have it get clogged up with tons of columns of various little widgets.

But I would like to add in some kind of shortcut for editing it, there is already one for editing the color - you can use Ctrl+click on the color swatch of a style to pop right into the color editor which will change that style's color.

Also if you right-click on the style line in the Properties Panel (the info in the upper-right corner of the main window that shows stuff about the current selected object), it will pop into the edit style dialog for that style as well.

> what about renameing "styles" in "Layers"?

I've been hoping to do something a little different than traditional layers since layers have some bad limitations to it. Like for example with a strict layer system it's not so easy to just show one individual object instead of showing everything that's on the same layer as that object. So to avoid some problems like that MoI's object management system works more around the concept of hide/show states belonging to individual objects and the scene browser lets you work on sets of objects in different ways. Since this is slightly different overall than how layers work I didn't want to call them "Layers" in MoI.

> because i can make more then only one of the same color. the behavior is more like a layers Tab.

Sorry I don't quite understand this part.

- Michael