Scripting BLEND

6955.12 In reply to 6955.11 
Thank you very much Michael.

The BLEND now works for the center, 99% of the time. The exceptions are for 2 arms, and exponent less than 0.17, and 3 or 4 arms with
exponent even less, so I made the slider minimum for exponent to be 0.17. Lower values could still be manually entered.

Surprisingly, doing !orient#.flipped to both the curves resulted in the Tail Ends of both spirals to be blended. So it was not necessary to do !orient1.flipped
or !orient.flipped. But the second Blend does need the orientations "list".

On another note, I was occasionally able to crash Moi by trying to enter an exponent number, but failing to enter any numbers, and entering blank numbers.

Using a beautiful Moi PDF of some circular arrayed spirals, I was able to do the Math to compute the Polygon radius, for the center of circular array.
polyRadius = (Math.exp(expo * stopangle2) + Math.exp(expo * stopangle1)) / ( 2 * Math.sin( Math.PI/N.value )); Where N.value is the number of tentacles.

The "final" script does not have manual G# continuity entry, nor Bulge slider.

The spirals join without any difference in the tangents, based upon a few trials.

Default exponent is for a Golden ratio. Clicking on some commands restores to default values.

- Brian

See next post for October3_2014 version.

EDITED: 5 Oct 2014 by BEMFARMER