MoI3D 3DM Format and trueSpace7.6

695.9 In reply to 695.8 
Hi Rayman / Peter!

>I am very happy to be here and always open for new projects...
>You probably have noticed over at the other forum that things are
>not so easy going...
>

Yeah... this Forum is like a trip to Tahiti by comparison, I like that a lot so I plan to not spend to much time thinking about the other Forum while I'm here, I think about it too much when I'm away from it as it is!

As for being open to new projects, great! Lets bang our heads together on some Moi-2-TS project ideas then!

One of the best ways to do introduce MOI capabilities to TS users would be to create some very interesting models in MOI together... something highly elaborate... a city perhaps. Then share the scene together between you and I as both of us tackle the best ways of applying Vray shaders and effects to it until we are both very happy with it. Then each of us could do "a killer Vray render of it" from diferent angles and submit the finished renders to the Finished Artwork section of the C Forums together, as well as to the monthly Caligari Still Image Rendering Contest. (Lasting C-Website PR for winners there, including quoted interviews on specific methods utilized.)

I believe entering MOI-related WIPS in the actual WIPS area of the C Forums (as opposed to the Finished Artwork Area where they would be fine by contrast) would be a potential mistake, however, in that doing so would invite devisive and potentially heated opinions as to whether TS or MOI should be utilized for various minor inherent modeling decisions. Placing them in the Finished Artwork area by contrast would tend far less to invite the useless opinions of certain individuals there who only welcome such potentially devisive opportunities as a means to artificially elevate their own status or agendas within the Forum Membership, or at least within their own minds to be more accurate. Such is the case with every large forum, the ice is fine as long as experience has taught you where not to step. ;^)

What kinds of MOI-2-TS Projects would you really like to explore together?

>You ask for something and Michael (and I thank him for it )
>tells you right away if it can be put into the pipeline or not.
>He gives you a good reason why or why not it can or cant
>be done.
>

This is what I love about MOI. From start to finish it is most carefully fashioned by a man with a genuine love for it's design and potential, consequently it is a love shared by all of us here, as we all here often state. By providing us all with the means of potentially enhancing various features of MOI through Scripting, Michael has additionally gone well beyond the limitations of many Developers as well, enabling us each to personally share directly with him in "the raising of his baby."

Well done Michael, we all love it almost as much as you do now!

>So what we can do is to tell as many people as
>possible about this fantastic program and USE it as much as
>possible.
>

Absolutely!

>It would be wonderfull to have 3dm im and export
>but as I have already tried out with the luuv plug obj import
>works nicely too and it is fantastic the way it is right now.
>3dm would just be better.
>

Yes, the Luuv Plugin for TS is great for OBJ format. Of course the real potential for awesome interactivity between TS and MOI though lies in TS fully implementing the 3DM NURBS format capabilities of BOTH Rhino and MOI. Imagine, for instance, if Caligari had just released this last TS version with full 3DM support. With that we could bring 3DM NURBS objects into the trueSpace7.51 Link Editor and SCript Editors, apply a huge spectrum of realtime physics properties and physics effects to them, animate them, edit them with soft-selection geometry paintbrishes and displacement brushes... the list is endless!!!

>Best regards
>Peter
>

Likewise Peter, lets start something momentous here for all of us!

Mark / 3dvisuals dude