MoI3D 3DM Format and trueSpace7.6

695.7 In reply to 695.6 
Hi Rayman, great to see you here!

Lets just hope the two of us can become the twenty of us in another month or so now!

As for Caligari adopting 3DM import/export and cut/paste, I believe they have very likely been waiting until their core rewrite was complete (which it now is) before they took on McNeel's marketshare. They are certainly in a position to do it now though, and I'm equally certain they are fully aware of that fact after likely considering that potential closely for a decade now. They certainly have more to gain right now than lose in the process, and that thread referenced above concerned ~the next~ release of trueSpace, not 7.5 or 7.51. It was said there that the Corporate "thinking" on these formats was very much along the lines of what we had suggested but that at the time that was all he "could say" about that "at this point." My bets are squarely on Torque (TGEA) and 3DM, both would represent a brilliant move on their part now as I'm sure they are fully aware.

So now you're a "MOI Man" like me! Great!!! We should start some MOI to trueSpace WIP Projects for their forums then!

How about one of the projects I have on hold at the moment... a MOI Submarine and Underwater World for utilization in First Person Navigation for MMO Shared Space via truePlay? It can be scripted now in trueSpace 7.51 and truePlay is free!

Food for thought? I'm open to suggestions!

Glad you joined us Rayman, these are great days indeed for us all!

- 3dvisuals dude