MoI3D 3DM Format and trueSpace7.6

Hi everyone,

I am a devoted fan of MoI... I love this program and intend to stay with it forever. I am also a devoted user of trueSpace7.51, Caligari's absolutely awesome new 3D Development software. Currently there are several Moi3D users in addition to myself who are also members of Caligari's trueSpace Community Forums, and of course as more people there discover MoI, more people there will also become devoted members here as well.

I just wanted you all to know that the CEO of Caligari posted a message a couple of weeks ago asking Caligari users (a very large community) which specific file formats we wanted to have included in upcoming versions of trueSpace. In replies a couple of people including myself suggested full 3DM file import capability for Caligari trueSpace so that we could use Mol nurbs files alongside the unparalleled Vray rendering capabilities of Caligari's newest versions of trueSpace. We also mentioned 3DM's widespread use in Rhino.

Unfortunately there were many genuinely excellent and competing file format suggestions at that time, and not enough trueSpace users were in favor of 3DM versus the other formats such as BVH and Collada, which the CEO did adopt in this last trueSpace release after considering all our responses in that thread carefully.

As time goes by, undoubtedly more MOI users will emerge among the trueSpace ranks to similarly voice their MOI support, and with a genuinely concerned and responsive CEO such as Caligari in fact has, it's only a brief matter of time before these two outstanding software packages become fully supportive of one another at the nurbs level. This will of course lead to a truly huge increase in the number of new users for both products which will be a very welcome development for us all.

In the meantime, if anyone else here is also a member of the trueSpace Community Forums, be sure to spread the word there about MoI3D among the membership there for the sake of all of us in both Communities, lets join these two great Communities together!

Lets see if we can get 3DM format support in the next trueSpace, version 7.6!

- 3dvisuals dude