I am using MOI for 3D printing. Do I have to union all of my designs or can I leave them as separate parts flush up against each other?

6945.4 In reply to 6945.3 
Hey,

So yesterday before you guys replied I attempted to print this piece. As you noted, the different parts caused problems for the printer and it attempted to print the legs separately even when they were merged. I eventually had to stop it because the way it was printing didn't make any sense. It probably would have finished but structurally it was terrible.

So I downloaded V3 and attempted to union everything. It actually seemed to work and MOI is treating it as a single object when I select it. There still seems to be seams along the legs and that is what caused a problem for the printer. Do I still have to make a hub for it to see this as one object in the STL file?

I posted the file of before everything was unioned in case you want to check it out.

EDIT: By the way I've been saving all my STLs with the maximum amount of polygons. That doesn't affect anything though, right? That just affects how many polygons are used on the surfaces in STL, right?

Thanks,

Dane
Attachments: