V4 Wish List

Hi Michael,

In this link, (hard to believe that it was two years ago), you mentioned "...new evaluateCurvature(t) function. But it might need an additional method for getting curve parameter values for points equally spaced along the curve, I will see about adding that in."
also "...I'm planning on adding another batch of curve functions for the next beta as well, that should do the trick..."

https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8814.12

I reviewed the newer MoIV4 beta posts, and did not find new curve functions.
Will you be posting such new methods?

The reason that I ask is that the new script that I am working on uses curve r(t) values at "t" to form a sphere of radius r(t) at parameter point "t2" of a path curve.
It seems to me that the parameter "t or t2" values of the two curves may be of different SPACING or NON-UNIFORMITY. (In some cases.)
(In a sense I'm using t and t2 as uniform time parameters...? (unit speed curve??)) (The script will be a "sphereSweep" script.)

(I am compensating for min and max values of t and t2 being different. Say (0 <= t <= 1) for radius curve and (0 <= t2 <=5) for path curve.)

Also it seems that given a t3 parameter value of a curve, and existing script methods, a point currently can be found, but given a point on the curve, its t3 value cannot currently be found by script.

- Brian