V4 Wish List

6925.292 In reply to 6925.290 
Hi Marco, none of the areas that you are indicating have any curves being drawn there, so that has nothing to do with curve anti-aliasing. It's shaded surface anti-aliasing that you want there. I think that could be possible to add as an option for v4, it just hasn't been a priority since most models have many of those areas covered by edge curves which are anti-aliased and in most cases there isn't a lot of contrast with shaded surfaces silhouettes against the background so aliasing in those spots usually isn't very distracting. You're using a customized background color which makes it more apparent. Additionally there is a speed penalty that comes along with it as well.

I have done some initial experiments with taking advantage of the plentiful amount of VRAM that is available on newer cards. I'm not sure yet if that will be done for the first beta release or not. I think I've got it worked out how to speed up shaded surface rendering when there's a lot of VRAM available but I haven't yet got it worked out for curves yet.

> As you can see even if I force the antialiasing with my Gtx 1080 Ti (a beast of Gfx card), the results doesn't change.

That's good, because if the driver changed that without MoI asking for it that would break selection.

> Well...I can't believe that with a card like the Gtx 1080 Ti, or even a 1080, 1070 or a modern AMD card, MOI should be slow.

Not for a limited size model like you've got there but if you increase the model complexity a lot more then it's a different case.

- Michael