V4 Wish List

Hi Michael,

Here is a typical file that I work with an Assembly which I used to build in SOLIDWORKS and now I put these together in MOI in much quicker time design and part creation. The parts contained get output as STEPs. The tube work goes to tube laser cutters and they use STP and the sheetmetal goes to the sheetmetal guys and they use STP also.

I currently export out each part individually and name as I go. I usually create a PARTs folder in the same folder that the master assembly 3dm file sits in. From there I email the supplier the parts they require. I also use the cutlist script to create a BOM Bill of Materials but I guess as you get closer to V4 and file instances become possible It maybe better handled then to get a list of files contained and how many times they have been used. Currently the CUTLIST script does OK job but sometimes gets confused with duplicate same name parts.

MOI maybe small and nimble but it packs a punch in CAD arena I work with other SOLIDWORKS guys and they cant work how I detail projects so quickly and have to say its due to MOI - I can conceptualise and problem solve at a very fast rate.

Many thanks
Alex.
Attachments: