V4 Wish List

6925.114 In reply to 6925.111 
@Marco - yes that's certainly correct that MoI is not focused on being a parametric modeler currently, but having said that it is certainly a valid wish for future versions. The tricky part is that often times in parametric modelers the process of defining the "recipe" for the model can dominate the workflow and I would like a history editing function that would be an optional thing instead. I have some ideas for this that I'd like to explore in the future but it will definitely be a lot of work involved.

@Max - I'm not really that fond of polls, I don't really get a good sense of what someone needs other than their top choice, and it's too easy for the top choice to be something requiring a massive effort that I won't be able to do in the current release. I'd recommend instead posting your top 5 wishes, when I see a lot of users posting similar lists then that helps give them more weight, and hopefully it's more likely that some of them would not be in the high development time category.

The best way to get your wish bumped up to high priority is to propose one that fits within the existing UI by extending some existing function in some way without needing to have a whole lot of new UI developed for it particularly at the top level.

- Michael