Lofting Hull and Fuselage

6887.11 In reply to 6887.10 
Hi Mike,

I exported the Stl from GMD into MM. After I've transformed all the lofts into one body and smoothed it where I can, I exported the stl back to GMD and used the "convert mesh to solid" comand. Its new features recently added to GMD. It makes Nurb surfaces from an existing mesh. Where the stl of about 1Gb shrinks down to 10Mb! It is effective but not a sound feature yet. The edges loses its sharpness. So if the shape contains sharp edges it might not be a good idea if you are looking for an accurate conversion. Only software I heard of that seems capable of handling this complex sort of calculations is Geomagic Studio & Design X. The trail versions wont let you export anything so I dont know how effective it is. Our project is innovative so theres no budget for such software yet. After GMD did the conversion I exported it as an Iges.

Will add some demonstrations. Its very useful to inspect surfaces in software like keyshot. Dont know if theres such but Im bussy looking for a Zebra HDRI? I dont like the zebra rendering from Rhino too much.

I were impressed to see how much the lofts have improved in GMD using Andrei's shared tips! After I saw the great results I got determined to redo this whole body. After this is done I will attempt it in MoI and give some feedback :)

Elrick
Image Attachments:
Size: 3 MB, Downloaded: 79 times, Dimensions: 2336x2116px
Size: 1.5 MB, Downloaded: 74 times, Dimensions: 2840x2764px