Lofting Hull and Fuselage

Hello,

Im starting with the tutorials and user guide and need some advice before hand. Im currently drawing with Geomagic Design and, from what I recently heard and saw, believe I might get much better hazzle free results with MoI. I was hoping that I dont need to redraw this particular part because I've made a pretty good part, from the original part, in Mesh Mixer. But by the looks of it only the most advanced and expensive mesh software can convert an Stl to an Iges accurately. GMD have a command to convert a polygon mesh to a solid (Iges) but the detail of the sharper edges are lost in the conversion. The smoother curves arent affected by the conversion. From attched screenshots could be seen I currently have two bodies as references for what I need to re-draw in MoI. The original part drawn in GMD and the smoothed imported one from MM.

I see there are quite some topics regarding Hull's but I need something a bit more specific. There are strange shapes on the bottom of this particular hull, "Step, planing strakes & bow chimes", that makes the lofting very complicated. (or atleast in GMD it was). Could some one please refer me to similar threads or help in a good direction?

I was thinking of making slices through these existing parts and use the remaining edges as guides for clean profiles. From watching youtube videos I picked up some helpfull tips. Believe "Andrei" was the man who made lofts from blueprints. Even without sound I enjoyed watching them. This might be a bit more easy since I already have the actual part for reference. I do realise it wont be possible to do the whole body in one loft but I believe I can do it with much less in MoI.

Unfortunately I cant share the parts.

Thanks in advance,
Elrick