MoI wishlist

6864.29 In reply to 6864.28 
Hi DrNo,

> Well pardon me for saying, and I mean this as a compliment, but isn't Moi supposed to be?

Not really... MoI is focused on a much different kind of use case - Rhino is meant to be comfortable to AutoCAD users, while MoI was designed to be comfortable to people without any CAD experience at all. Those are pretty significantly different primary targets...

> Moi has many of the same features and works the same way. Both NURBs(3dm).

Well yeah, but that's just because I designed and created both of them. So certainly there's a lot of the same base "Design DNA" between both.

> The main difference IMO is that Moi is much more streamline, easier to use and better
> than Rhino. I was modeling something in Rhino earlier and I realized that what took me
> 3 steps in Rhino I could have done in 1 step with Moi, <...>

Yeah, since I created Rhino I am particularly familiar with various design problems that I ended up baking into it with and I've designed many of those out when creating MoI. In a certain sense MoI is kind of like a next generation Rhino (solving problems in Rhino's overall workflow approach) but not quite because like I wrote above the primary targets of who is really meant to be using each one is pretty different and also impacts a lot of things.

For Rhino there is an emphasis on just providing a lot of functionality and tools and not worrying so much about the complexity that results in having so many things present in the software. MoI has a very strong emphasis on keeping the UI to have a light and fluid feel and it's more important for MoI to protect that quality than it is to just pile on features, even if it means that it does not work for certain kinds of workflows like your mesh based one for example.

- Michael