Project Parameterization, rocker demo

6860.11 In reply to 6860.10 
Hi Mike

1. Load the .3dm file of a 2D pair of curves into Moi. Front view is good.

2. Start the script. I am using Max's custom UI, having run short of shortcut keys :-)

3. Select the upper curve as Kappa curvature. Select the lower curve as Tau Torsion.
Selection in reverse will create a different curve.

4. Adjust the values appropriately.
PI length is the maximum x value of the 2D curves, and also will be the arclength of the new 3D curve, Currently the script starts running at x=0.
numpoints +1 is the the number of points used to create the 3D curve and lines. The start point accounts for the +1.
The Project command is used about 2 X 8 times per point, to get Kappa and Tau.
Checkboxes are for creating BiNormal lines and/or Normal lines.
Bothsides uses the line factory to extend the lines to the other side of the 3D curve.
User Loft of the lines creates a Ribbon effect.

5. Press the Update pushbutton. It is from the Pipe2 command.

6. Depending upon the Style setup, if there are Normal lines, they will change color a couple of seconds after completion, to the next color.

The Moebius papers talk of using an "anti-Frenet" frame where Kappa is zero. This term does not appear in google searches.
I think that this is an "isolated inflection point." Maybe B and N can be negated there? http://arxiv.org/abs/1302.3175

So there is a lot of room for improvement.

Using a formula for Kappa and Tau would be faster, but I do not have a formula for the Moebius strip centerline.

- Brian

EDITED: 17 Aug 2014 by BEMFARMER