ping - Max Smirnov

6837.58 In reply to 6837.54 
Hi Max,

I would like to get your thoughts on the idea of making a small alteration to Widget/Knob.
Often in developing node circuitry, There is the need for dialling even integers only ( or at other times, only odd numbers). This could easily be achieved by changing the "Digits" field to an "Increment" field, as shown:

The default setting of course would be 1, and Decimals could also be accommodated, for example, using 0.01 instead of 2 as presently used to represent the same. I also think it is more intuitive.

I understand that making this change couldl create backwards compatibility issues, but perhaps this could be avoided by having RMB options of Digit (Default) and Increment (2nd option).

Thanks for your continued development
I am excited to get my hands on v1

James

P.S. Also sometime ago we discussed the inclusion of button & switch, that you had planned to repurpose code that you have already developed for a different application.

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7713.689

Another revision that would be simple (I think) but very useful would be to use createRadialGradient() method to lay a radial gradient (dark grey to light grey) behind grid in NE interface. This would offer visual cue to locate area within main window in reference to the totality. At the moment, at time when you fully zoom out, if nodes are not shown, there is no way to be sure which way to pan to move towards the centre to find node circuitry. Of course a "zoom to extents" function would be better but also more involved (I imagine)

EDITED: 7 Dec 2017 by JFH

Attachments: