my clients discovered blocks and instances and ruined moi3d for me...

6824.2 In reply to 6824.1 
Hi rob, sorry you're having difficulties.

> I thought it had been solved, but it looks not.

No, MoI will not currently read blocks from 3DM files. That is something I want to work on in the future but currently you would need to convert the blocks to regular objects before they will be recognized by MoI.

STP files though should be a different matter, I think that instances in STEP files are automatically converted into individual objects by the STEP importer itself.

> The only work around seem to load files in Rhino3d, explode them, rejoin them and send
> them to moi3d.. anyhow Rhino seems disorder the surface orientation leaving me to really
> bad geometry that way.

If you need to rejoin it probably means you've exploded them too much, you only want to explode the block instance into a regular object. You don't want to do any additional explode of a solid into individual surfaces. The Rhino Explode command does that kind of multiple type of object conversion, it can convert blocks but also works on other object types as well like breaking a solid into surfaces. You may want to use the Rhino ExplodeBlock command instead of the regular Explode - the ExplodeBlock command will only do the conversion of block instances only and will also deal with nested instances.

Anyway if you avoid exploding solids into surfaces it should get rid of the joining and orientation issues.

- Michael