part of a car in 3d

6798.6 In reply to 6798.4 
Hi Tony,

> If I wanted to soften the edges of the fillet with a hood that I have attached in the 3dm file
> how can I do that I have seen the fillet I do not work on the entire piece

You'd use either Fillet or Blend for doing that kind of stuff.

For fillet make sure you have selected surface edge objects before running the Fillet command - you have several of the original curve objects used to generate your surfaces still in place, they are currently right over top of the surface edges so they can interfere with selecting the edges. Either hide or delete those original curves first so that it will be easier for you to select edges if you want to fillet them.

For Blend you want to cut away some area so that there is empty space between the pieces and then select edges and run Construct > Blend to build a smooth connecting surface between them.

If you're having problems with the end part, it may be better to instead build an extended piece to start with, more of a full rectangular shape like this:

It tends to be easier to make a more regular and smooth surface when creating it to a regular boundary like that. Then once you have the full smooth piece constructed cut the end off with a trimming curve like this:

If you run into difficulty with shaping at irregular ending areas of surfaces it's usually better to do an extended version that's then cut like that rather than trying to directly construct all surfaces right to the irregular boundary from the start. But it can depend on the particular situation. Again, car modeling tends to be one of the most advanced and difficult types of model construction.

- Michael