double surfaces

6724.6 In reply to 6724.1 
Hi Ronald, I'm not able to reproduce the continual duplication problem over here...

Can you please post a more detailed set of steps on what you're doing?

Here's what I tried - I opened your file, then did a "Save As" to a file test2.3dm. Then I opened test2.3dm and did a "Save As" to test3.3dm, and so forth until I got to test7.3dm.

Then I examined test7.3dm and it seems to have the same structure as the original file, I could not detect any additional duplicates being created just from opening and saving like you were describing. I tested with v2 and with the current v3 beta as well.

One thing to note is that if you're using the "Import" command instead of "Open", then it is normal that you would get duplicates created, because that's basically what Import is for, it adds the content of the file you pick to the current model, retaining the existing stuff. That's different from "Open", which throws away any already existing stuff before bringing in the stuff from the file.

If that's not it and if you can reproduce the additional duplication without having used "Import", please let me know some more detailed steps so I can try to reproduce the problem over here and investigate it better.

Thanks,
- Michael