Extrude/Shell request

6693.3 In reply to 6693.2 
Hi Andrei,

> May be - Cap 1, Cap 2 check boxes?

I can understand that would be helpful for that particular situation you're showing there, but it would unfortunately make things more complex for other situations like if you just want to extrude a non-capped surface now you have 2 checkboxes you have to uncheck to turn off caps, and then again if you want capping later on you have to check two boxes then to re-enable it...

I would like to make it easier to make pockets like you show there, but I'm hoping to do it at a kind of higher level where you could produce it directly from a 2D profile curve rather than having to do a separate step to trim out a surface fragment like you have in your first example.

I'm hoping that might be some kind of "limit depth" option when doing a boolean possibly.

Also I'd like to make some way for an extrude to be automatically booleaned with another object. I'm not entirely sure yet how to activate that, I had been thinking of doing it automatically if you had a solid selected in addition to the thing being extruded, that might not help in some of your examples here though where you only have a surface as the base part instead of a solid. Right now a solid being selected in Extrude does not do anything to the solid, only surfaces or faces can be extruded and not entire solids, so that's why it might work to use that as a signal for what to combine the extrusion with.

- Michael