Batch Export from .stp to obj on OSX Mavericks

6689.2 In reply to 6689.1 
Hi Robert, the previous batch convert version used a Windows specific method in it, so it needed to be changed slightly in order to work on Mac.

I've attached the updated script here which should work for you. The updated script requires MoI version 3 which you can get from here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm - it won't work with version 2.52 since it uses some script methods that have been added since then.

Download the attached .zip file and get the 2 files contained inside of it: BatchConvert.js and Convert.js

Put those into some place on your computer, like for example make a 'scripts' folder inside of your user folder.

Then to trigger the script in MoI go to Options > Shortcut keys, and add in a new shortcut key. Put whatever key you want to trigger it on the left-hand side, and on the right-hand "command" side, put in the full path to the BatchConvert.js file including the file extension, like for example since I put my BatchConvert.js inside of /Users/michael/scripts, I put in: /Users/michael/scripts/BatchConvert.js

Then you'll press that key after launching MoI in order to trigger the script.

Before doing that you need to edit the file BatchConvert.js with TextEdit.app and change the directory inside there to the place where your .stp files are located.

If you want to control the parameters for how the file is meshed, you need to edit the other Convert.js file for that part, you would need to edit the line that does the saveAs inside the Convert() function, there are some comments in there that tell you what meshing parameters are available.

Hope this helps!

- Michael
Attachments: