Beginner!!! HEEELP!!!!!!

663.8 In reply to 663.6 
Hi Static! Pilou's suggestion to look at other NURBS tutorials is also a good idea. Although some specific things will be different, the general approach will be the same. It can help get you more used the whole NURBS thing.

But it looks like you are starting to get the idea, drawing and trimming things!

I will try to answer your questions here:

> What can i do to make that surface (the floor) complete whit the house again.
> (don't know how to make surface out of an closed shape)

If I understand you correctly, you want to remove the notch that was taken out of the floor and have it all in one single simple piece again? Probably the quickest way to do this is to first delete the current floor. Do this by doing 2 clicks on it - the first click will select the whole house box, and then if you do a second click it will "drill in" to the box to switch to selecting an edge or a face. In this case do the second click on the bottom face (you may want to angle your view so you are looking up from underneath at the floor). Then use delete to get rid of it. Now there is a big empty space for your floor. Run the Draw solid / Plane / Corner. This will allow you to draw a new plane by specifying the corner points. Snap one corner on to one bottom corner of your house box (you should see it say "end" when it snaps), and one to the opposite corner to draw your new plane. Then you can optionally select the new plane and the rest of the house and use Edit/Join to glue them together into one new piece.

When you originally trimmed the front door, you might have wanted to have used Edit/Separate on your box to break it into 6 different pieces, then hidden everything except the front face, then work just on trimming that front surface by itself and later on restored the other parts and joined them back together again. That would have avoided trimming other parts like the floor which you wanted to leave alone.

Then the other tip is instead of drawing boxes as cutting objects, I'd recommend just drawing rectangle curves as cutting objects. It's just a little easier to stick with working with 2D curves as much as possible.

> Window: I made a box and used boolean (For boolean i would like to know
> if the box is stil there but invisible and still posible to edtit, or is it just gone
> as in deleted)

No, in this case the cutting box is gone. I want to extend the history mechanism in future versions to be able to do what you are asking about here, but it does not remember this level of relationships for the current version.

> I couldn't find a way to draw the circle on the onder side of the roof face so
> i could extrude it down (is this possible??).

It's theoretically possible, but it would take some fancy manipulation with construction lines (these are the snapping guidelines that you can create by doing a click+drag inside of a draw command instead of the regular click+release).

In MoI you can't generally just draw directly in the middle of any surface like you can in SketchUp. This is another thing that I would like to add at some point in the future as well, but it will be quite a bit of work especially because MoI has a much wider variety of drawing tools than SketchUp does.

So the way to do it is as you have done - draw it on the bottom and then extrude it upwards. During the extrude you should be able to snap the height so that it matches right up to that top surface.

> Is there a posibility of copying whit base point in MoI?

This is available with the Transform / Copy command, which is a separate way to do a copy rather than Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste. Transform/Copy lets you pick a base point which can be snapped on to a specific part of the object, then lets you pick one or more target points to place the copies. I think it is the type of thing that you're talking about here.

> Is there any way to see models in solid view in MoI? Cus for some reason the models
> are always transparant unles i revolve something.

I'm not quite clear what you mean by this one. If you draw a curve, that will look transparent because a curve does not have any type of "skin" on it yet, you need to create a surface from that curve (by exturde, revolve, loft, etc.. ) before it will produce anything shaded. If that's not what you are seeing, you may need to explain this question a little bit more.

Hope this helps some!

- Michael