Beginner!!! HEEELP!!!!!!

663.25 In reply to 663.24 
Hi Isaac - yes I think Inventor 2008 and Blender both use OpenGL which has a software-only mode.

But it will be pretty slow, you probably won't be able to do very detailed models with software-only rendering, that's why I didn't really focus on that for MoI. MoI uses Direct3D which does not have a software-only mode.

> Is there going to be any software 3d support in Moi in the future?

I haven't really planned on it so far. You can get a good graphics card for around $30 that will be many times faster than software rendering... Here is a recent post with some advice for upgrading older computers to work well: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=735.3

The one that I mentioned there is an AGP card - if you need a PCI one your options are more limited, but a quick browse of newegg.com shows several decent cards around $40 or so... If you got one of the GeForce4 or Radeon 9250 ones, those would work pretty well if they are compatible with your computer.

> Btw I do know some one who has a Rage 3D pro PCI slot card (old one) for me, Will this do the trick?

No, not really - MoI will run with it but it is terribly slow. That card is about 9 or 10 years old which is extremely ancient by 3D video hardware standards. You need something more around only 5 years old to run MoI well.

- Michael