Learning the basics.

6617.3 In reply to 6617.2 
Hi Michael,

There are still a lot of things to read. I continue experimenting with my little helmet.
After posting I did the same thing, using loft, for constructing the shape.
But with this I can't keep the curvature from the side line, it is bended at the top and then go straight down.

The revolve seems to just use 2 curves, and because of that I have to choose between the starting circle or the end circle, what I would like it to have a blend between these two.

So I decided to make a network of curve, I duplicated the profile curve and build a network with these curves. It almost work but if you can do a kind of revolve by selecting the first three curves I selected that would be faster and easier.
Now I have an other issue, I want to have a sharp indent where the profile curve start the bend but I was unable to do it.
How would you approach this?

Personnally my strategy is to keep the less curve and edit point possible to allow for easy manipulation and having the smoothest resulting surface.
Coming from poly background the more point you have the more lumpy your surface can become and it make your modification more complicated in the end.
I really want to be able to modify on the fly my shape to be able to accomodate to any design change.

Thanks

EDITED: 9 Apr 2014 by DMARMOR

Image Attachments:
Size: 146.7 KB, Downloaded: 6 times, Dimensions: 729x838px