Learning the basics.

6617.16 In reply to 6617.14 
Hi David,

> If I can add a question, is it possible to have a jiggle parameters for the array to add
> some imperfection in the placement of the objects?

There isn't currently any mechanism for doing this - it's usually not very feasible to get good results by just randomly jiggling control points around, especially if the control points are not completely evenly spaced it's easy for some of the points to have a more pronounced impact on the end result.

MoI is overall itself not focused on generating organic type shapes, usually you would want to bring your model into a different program that is focused on that type of thing to add those kinds of details, like import it into 3D Coat or ZBrush.

> And an other thing I didn't find, how do you project your curve on one side only?

You would usually just generate the projection on both sides and delete the one that you don't want. Also if you're trying to project for the reason of cutting a hole in an object using Trim, Trim has projection built into it so it's usually better to not do the projection as a separate step. When you pick which areas to discard in trim it will only use the projections surrounding those pieces.

> the same things happen with the boolean diff, the hole is occuring through the entire
> object and I would like to have a control on the depth of the cut.

For controlling the depth of a boolean, do an extrusion of your object to your desired depth and then use the extrusion as the cutting object instead of the curve as the cutting object. In the future I do want to add a "limit depth" option to the booleans that would handle this easier, but for now you just construct an extruded cutting object.

- Michael