Learning the basics.

6617.13 In reply to 6617.12 
Hi Dmarmor, could you please post the 3DM model file ? That would help me to take a more in depth look at your actual geometry, it can be easier to answer questions when I'm able to look at your actual objects rather than only a screenshot.

It's hard to say from just a screenshot, but it's possible that what you are worried about is a display artifact and not really an intrinsic part of the real surface. In order to display a surface on screen it has to be broken down into triangles, and in a curved area if there were not a lot of triangles created it can leave a bit of evidence of the triangulation in the on screen display.

One way to see if that is the case is to do a test export of your model to a polygon format like OBJ format, and then crank up the density there and set the display mode to be shaded and that will show you a lot more detail on the actual surface form and minimize display artifacts. That's the kind of thing that I would do over here if I was able to examine your model file.

- Michael