Geometry problems

656.52 In reply to 656.45 
Hi Michael,

> When there are smooth pieces next to longer flat pieces, that's when you'll tend to get more shading problems. The way
> LightWave/Modo's shading currently works, a small somewhat angled polygon can have a pretty big effect on the shading
> of a longer flatter polygon next to it.

As somebody said (Matt I think), we still have that kind of problem when we create objects directly in LW/modo, so it's something
we can live with :)).

> Only for planar surfaces you mean? Yup, I've finished this, the setting next to "Divide larger than" is now a drop-down instead
> of a checkbox, the choices are "Curved" (means apply the divide only to curved surfaces, not to planes), "Planes" (apply only to planes),
> or "All" (apply to everything).

Yeah, that's what I meant :O)), and it's great you added that option! Thanks!

Well... I think you are going to make really happy (you already did) to a lot of people with this. I still don't remember where I've found
the first reference to Moi, but I know I was looking for some good way to export NURBS to meshes. Seriously... I think you did
something great here.
The way I see Moi, as a 3D rendering package user, is like a new great and very usable NURBS system almost 'into' my 3D application.

Thanks!

Jacobo.