Moi 3d as Architectural tool

6543.20 In reply to 6543.8 
> I really would like to see what have you achieved with Moi - most of the examples posted at this forum are vehicles, mechanical pieces and product design. Almost never a building. That's why I've been wondering how could it be used in architecture.

Hi Soalheiro,

I'm using MoI as well for very complex architectural models. With complexity I mean amounts of pieces and level of details. My projects are mostly steel constructions, prefabricated/modular buildings. Usually a complete model consists of hundreds of unique pieces. Sometimes they get animated or rendered as single frame depending on clients' needs.

Above image is from one of my projects. Unfortunately I can't share 99% of my work because my clients won't let me. :(

I'm doing all the modeling in MoI and everything else in 3ds Max. I'm modeling piece by piece in MoI then build my hiearchy in 3ds Max. I love MoI because it's just a simple modeling tool. It's not bloated with unnecessary stuff. Because of this it's simple to learn, intuitive, easy to use, stable, etc..
- Evren
Attachments: