Moi 3d as Architectural tool

6543.2 In reply to 6543.1 
Hi Soalheiro, I'm glad that MoI has been useful for you!

> - Layers and layer combinations - we would prefer (and we need) to use Moi 3d Styles to
> assign materials (and we currently use a lot of in each project). So, we cannot use Styles
> as a substitute for layers.

Hmmm, well it is intended in MoI that styles are the closest thing that matches to traditional AutoCAD style "layers", so it's somewhat problematic that you don't want to use them in that way.

How do you set up materials in your other systems, is it not done by layer assignment there at all?

In MoI you can use object names as an additional way to organize things separately from Styles though, maybe that would work for you. Assign an object a name by clicking on the top line in the object properties panel, then that name will appear in the "Objects" section of the scene browser, and all objects assigned that name can be hidden/locked/selected as a set in the scene browser that way.

In the future I want to add an additional grouping mechanism which should then give another way of organizing things too.

> - Blocks - behaving like Archicad Objects or Sketchup Components. That means something that we
> could modify the source piece and instantanely have all the twin pieces changed.

Yeah this is definitely something I want to add in to MoI, it will probably happen in the MoI v4 timeframe.

> - Terrain tool.

This one has some difficulties since Terrain is often represented by polygon geometry made up of triangular faces, which is a fairly different kind of geometry than what MoI is currently focused on working with.

> - Import and export options for production software (we need to import the
> layout drawings and after to export the models result to "package" everything
> in therms of technical drawings).

I'm sorry this one is not clear to me, could you maybe describe it in a bit more detail?

Thanks,
- Michael