Looking for (paid?) assistance

6510.22 In reply to 6510.21 
Also, PaQ and Max - both of yours are really close to the target, and it's interesting to me that there appear to be many routes to making this model, all of which I managed to overlook.

I printed a set of PaQ's version (I print them in threes, to allow time for cooling) and mounted one on a blade, but the bulge toward the dome just didn't feel quite right, or at least not what I'm accustomed to.

It's not obvious, but to get this correctly oriented to the blade and handle, one needs a set of shim washers from .5mm down to .05mm (.002"), and the stainless washers are Expensive. The .05mm shims I supply cost me about US$2.00 each, and the set of five costs me around $5.00 total.

So, I'm considering Open-Sourcing the design, which might accelerate adoption by fencers, as having an online retailer or two just isn't enough marketing to get it out there very soon, and there aren't any real Fencing storefronts. Anyone who can price it lower than I can would only get the design in front of more people sooner, and I'd even sell the insets and washers in small quantities. My goal is to tilt the advantage in the sport from pistol grips back toward the original French grips.

I'll offer these direct online at $15, and I'm working with a French grip manufacturer, as I have little interest in shipping small parcels: http://www.harutfencinggrip.com/

If I can print a dozen or two final copies in the next few days, I plan to attend a Junior Olympics event here in Portland next weekend, where I'll chat with several vendors who might carry the two pommel products.

EDITED: 9 Feb 2014 by ELDRICK