Looking for (paid?) assistance

6510.21 In reply to 6510.2 
Burrman - as far as I was concerned, your draft v6 was basically perfect shape. It appeared to have 2.5mm wall thickness, if I'm not mistaken? This latest seems to have 3mm walls? 50mm total height to the top is correct. There is a rule re. aggregate length of grip plus pommel that I don't want to violate. (There is no rule on the shape of a pommel.)

Aside from that, it's not clear to me what the differences are from draft_v6 to working_file_draft.

The only things I'd like to change from draft_v6 would be:

- The top surface of the 15mm solid at the base base would be better if horizontal instead of tilted, for a little more strength. If one of these things ever broke in a tournament and spilled hard-to-vacuum metal shot on the conductive strip, it would instantly be the end of this whole venture.

- The stepped/tapered hole needs to be stepped and tapered per McMaster spec. for best strength. I heat the brass inserts up on a special soldering-iron tip and melt them permanently in place, and the join needs to be as strong as possible. http://www.mcmaster.com/#94180a373/=qmf0sf

- 2.5mm wall thickness seems to be optimum for printing.

Sooooooo close to production...

EDITED: 9 Feb 2014 by ELDRICK