Looking for (paid?) assistance

6510.20 In reply to 6510.19 
I'm currently test-printing Burr's v6, because a lot of the 3D printing design process is a matter of how the slicer and printer interpret the design - they are very interactive with the CAD. I've printed hundreds of these things while honing the process.

So far, so good - it's so close that I'm practically hyperventilating about releasing and shipping this product, the Melting Pommel, this week.

The exterior shape is perfect enough for this planet, the walls are 2.5mm, and it's printing really well on my TrinityLabs Aluminatus. http://trinitylabs.com/products/aluminatus-evo1 (Mine was the half-priced Beta version - considerable assembly and effort involved at the time)

I'm very excited to get this one done, as I'm supplying a couple of Rio 2014 Olympics candidates with pommels (this and the Palmel version linked above), and I believe that this one will become very popular, while stretching a couple of hidebound fencing rules to the limit and offering considerable advantage to fencers who use it.

BTW, this is pretty much a charitable activity on my part, as the market of Epeeists who fence Extended French style is very small, and very conservative. I'm producing these because I believe they can cause a significant change of balance in the sport, from advantage to those power-fencers who use a pistol grip toward those who use a French grip. So far I'm into it to the tune of about $5K, and chances of ever making that back (much less my time) are infinitesimal.

More detail on this version in an hour or two, but it's soooooo close.