What is the simplest and easiest to use free renderer for MoI?

651.25 In reply to 651.23 
I'm not sure that an 800 x 450 image is of much use. And It's a big jump to go from $195 to $995 for the HD version. I think they should drop the Web version, make the HD version $495 and sell a lot more copies. The Pro version costs something like $9,995.00 ! I'm not so sure that every render engine will drop their current technology to go after something like this. Guys like Maxwell, VRay and others have too much invested in a proven technology. From what I've read, Bunkspeed has been supplying the automotive industry for a few years with a real-time engine for a price of around $25,000. Now they've decided to produce a mass-market version of it called Hypershot... I agree that people will never be satisifed with "slow" render speeds after seeing this (even Modo looks slow next to this). Just not sure how current technology can be optimized to match it. Otherwise, it would be done already. Maybe in a few years we'll see some clones of this engine. Certainly it will shake things up and maybe (hopefully) drop prices... there is obviously some major advancements happening in real-time displays right now. Look at Truespace and C4D. They are amazing. Even CAD-based packages such as Rhino are developing real-time bumping, shadows, anisotropy... The future of real-time display is getting very interesting...

cheers,
shorty