Joined surface instead of solid

6497.21 In reply to 6497.20 
Hello OSTexo,

Look pleas what I made, I rebuild its model from his edges, and you say that there is no way to make it geometry clear like this? Some molding process not allow it? You can trim it any time you like to get those pices but still keep clear geometry.

I made it more clear not only in geometry but also in surfaces, look I mark it in red. He made it with mistakes and got those jagged faces. And it is not becouse some molding process or client wish it is just becouse of absence of modelling skills.

He got all that troubles and horrible geometry becouse he do not follow rulles that I wrote in link I gave.

First, he break first rule, START FROM BIG AND GO TO SMALL. He has to be started from Cylinder and then make all other details but he tried to make Cylinder in the END and got all that troubles! Looks like he started from that bottom spiral detail and after that tried to make Cylinder.
And if even that bottom spiral detail was given by client, hi has to make sylinder absolutley another way... May be like I made it.

Then he break second rule:ALWAYS TRY TO FINDE THE SIMPLEST WAY TO MAKE THINGS.
He started to make Cylinder by joining all that sigments and got a lot of problems. It was not the simplest way but also wrong, becouse it produced jagged faces.

So guys all your arguments looks like you are trying to protect BAD GEOMETRY and absence of modelling skills arguing it by some foggy circumstances.
I can not see any arguments to keep that BAD geometry!

Russian community of MOI 3D: www.vk.com/moi3d

EDITED: 6 Feb 2014 by ANDREI SAMARDAC