Moi and retina display.

6496.2 In reply to 6496.1 
Hi Max, unfortunately there is not any way I know of right now to solve that - the way Apple has set up those Retina displays makes applications by default think that they are at half size and then stretches them onto the actual display. There is some way to turn off this behavior for some applications but unfortunately the way Apple has implemented the turn off switch seems to be kind of fragile and does not happen to work for the way MoI is set up.

Maybe the turn off switch has been improved in Mavericks though, I have not been able to test it there yet. The way the turn off switch is supposed to work is by right-clicking on the app and doing "Get Info". Then on that info dialog that pops up there is a checkbox "Open in low resolution" which you want to uncheck. It only is uncheckable for certain kinds of apps though apparently, at least in previous OS versions.

So as far as I know right now (unless that checkbox has been fixed) there isn't any way for that doubling behavior to be disabled for MoI right now, other than turning off the doubling mechanism entirely and running the whole system just at native resolution but that will tend to make other applications have very small text in them.

- Michael