MoI scatter tool

6486.23 In reply to 6486.20 
Hi Max,

I have a question regarding placing vectors (manualy) in exact position in model for genereting CSV file for Octane (Standalone edition v. 4.04) in order to be able to achieve specific alignment of two geometries in the scene like this:

I have one geometry (Groove - orange) and I need to place second - more complex - geometry (Entity - cyan) in specific position in first geometry, i.e. I can export obj. file of geometry one (Groove), then geometry two - only one Entity. In Octane I am able to use The Scatter node and via CSV file placing instances.

Question 1) Where should I place and then copy the vector which would represents all of Entities in required position in geometry one (Groove)?

Let say that geometry two (Entity) is quite complex (the enclosed model is simplified), therefore it si more than useful to use The Scatter node :-)

Question 2) Which version of CSV structure is used in SaveInstances script? According to file data I suppose the version 1 (https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/Scatter.htm)

Thank you very much.
Mik