MeshFusion released

6469.16 In reply to 6469.15 
Mesh fusion is really an amazing exploration tool, thanks to the live boolean tree system, and the freedom from sds modeling. The integration in Modo is very well done.

This kind of crazy shape is really hot !
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23530633/FusionImg/fusionWidjetsB.jpg

But ... the final mesh quality is not that great. As you can see in the video, you have to push the sub-d level from input object very high to avoid troubles, and even then, it doesnt have the surface quality like you can have with MoI. Reflection are allways a little bit wavy. Fillets (or stripes like they calles it) are sometimes a little bit out of control, radius is not constant, and there is for the moment no way to create various radius.

Of course it only concern picky prick like me, and you have to consider it's the 1.0 version of the product.

Also I hate retopo job, I think it's the biggest annoying 3d task ... and that's something I really like with MoI, I never have to retopo anything. Exports are clean for the rendering, and the mesher gives enough option to keep polycount low.

For someone who never used nurbs, it's a wave of fresh air, but for us, MoI user, it doesnt look that 'amazing'.

EDITED: 28 Jan 2014 by PAQ