Loft Problem

6464.5 In reply to 6464.4 
Hi bz,

> One thing I can't tell is if the solid is true to my upper profile line. In Moi it doesn't look like it is
> but in OBJ I can't see the line. Is it there and I just can't see it ?

OBJ export does not do anything with curves, so you won't see them using that method for visualizing things.

But you can do something like set up the shortcut key as described above, then zoom in a bit to the area where you want to examine, then push the shortcut key and if you don't see a big shift in the silhouette of the shaded surface then you can tell that what you're seeing on the realtime display is what is really there.

Typically in the regular display you would see some amount of angularity as a display glitch due to a light display mesh, but that looks like a type of polyline where some points are on the true surface and you're seeing some straight line connections between them. Basically you wouldn't see a really major deviation from the true surface without seeing a lot of straight edged parts to the shaded display.

Since you don't see that in your case here you can tell that the surface really does not follow along to your midline upper profile - that's probably because you are using "loose" loft which works like that, it tends to make a surface that is somewhat shrunken down from the profiles instead of going directly through them but at the same time tends to make a smoother result with less wiggles and undulations in it.

If you want to make a loose loft that comes closer to that side profile, you would need to make the sections a bit larger than the profile rather than sitting right along it.

- Michael