Lofting Feature Suggestion

646.4 In reply to 646.3 
Hi BW - thanks for posting those.

As you can kind of tell, what's happening there is different point spacing between those curves kind of makes a mis-match between them when they are combined.

Part of lofting or sweeping involves combining the structures of different profiles together into a single structure for the surface.

The next beta has some new options to control some different ways for how this combination takes place. In this case the default will still generate your twisted result, but there is a new "refit" option that you can turn on which will reconstruct the curves and match them based purely on equivalent distances traveled (instead of equivalent "parameters" which is affected by point spacing).

Occasionally the new refit procedure may generate some very slight ripples in the resulting surface, that's why I haven't always turned it on for everything by default, right now it only turns it on by default if it sees that the other result will generate too complex of a surface, it doesn't know to automatically analyze for too much twist yet, maybe I will be able to do that in a future version but that is somewhat difficult.

But anyway it shouldn't be too much longer before I put out the next beta and with one option switch you will get the attached result instead.

For the moment, I think that adding in about 3 lines and doing Network will probably do the job currently.

I'm glad that you are enjoying MoI's interface!

Thanks,

- Michael
Attachments: