need help with my hard-edge-car please!

6449.21 In reply to 6449.20 
Hi mike,

> I tried to "join" the faces several times. But it does not seem to work.
> After the "join" command, when I click on the object, it only selects the part/face
> where I clicked and not the whole object.

Could you maybe post a file with an example? I just tried with the file you posted before and I tried a few surfaces and was able to join them ok. It's hard for me to give you very good advice when I'm not able to specifically see what you're asking about.

> With "network"-faces I have massive problems.

Is there an example that you have saved off so I can look at it and try to give you some specific advice?

> But as soon as I have to work on a concret object/shape (like this toycar) nothing works.

Again, I need more specific information on what's not working for you - for example you said that you can't export to IGES but when I just tried it myself I was able to do it...

> I cannot even bevel the simplest corner. Still have to learn a lot.

Filleting is a pretty finicky operation, there are lots of things that can make it difficult for it to work well. If you could post the file that has this simple corner in it, that may help me to give you some more information on what might be making it to be actually kind of complex as far as filleting is concerned.

When you run into a problem it really helps me if you can post an example file that has things narrowed down just to the specific thing that is actually related to your problem you are asking about. So for example if you're having a problem with 2 surfaces, post a file with just those 2 surfaces in them and not hundreds of other surfaces that are unrelated to your particular question at hand. Please remember that I'm not as familiar with your model as you are and so I don't really know how to sort through a big pile of stuff to get to the thing you're asking about.

Car modeling tends to be one of the more advanced and difficult types of modeling you can do... So it kind of requires a longer learning curve and spin up time, you'll be dealing with a lot more difficult areas. It will probably be frustrating for some time to come.

- Michael