need help with my hard-edge-car please!

6449.18 In reply to 6449.15 
Hi mike,

> Tried my second vehicle for Mini-Production.
> This time I cannot export the object as IGS.

Over here I tested loading your attached 3DM model file and then doing a "Save As" into IGES format, which seemed to generate an IGES file ok.

Which version of MoI are you using, are you using v2? If so then I'd recommend using the current v3 beta instead, which you can get from here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm

It looks like your main car body in this case is made up of 146 individual separate surfaces - these can be written to IGES format, but it is not a bad idea to use Edit > Join inside of MoI to glue together 2 surfaces that you intend should be adjacent to one another. That's generally the easiest way to test if they are actually meeting up closely enough or not, if they are too far apart from one another they won't join.

Also in some spots like here for example there seems to be a duplicated surface with 2 surfaces stacked on top of the same surface area, that's going to most likely cause problems in the receiving application:

It's also better in general to go about building the model using larger extended surfaces that then get trimmed to cut material away, rather than in a segmented "patch by patch" type method like you're currently doing. like the bottom part of the car body would be better if that was one single big surface that had a trim boundary on the outside of it to produce the outside outline, rather than a couple dozen separate pieces that are flat or nearly flat to one another.

- Michael