6449.16 In reply to 6449.15 
Hi mike,

> Even with "Object-Snapping" enabled and really paying attention when
> drawing curves and making "network-faces", I very often notice, that,
> when zooming very close, that corners/edges of the faces do not match and
> have small gaps.
>
> What can I do in such situations?

It depends on the specific situation, it's actually not necessarily a problem, it's possible that you may be worried about something that's just a display artifact where an area of the display mesh just did not get refined with a lot of polygons, or it can also be normal that corners will not touch each other exactly and that's ok as long as they are within a tight enough tolerance of one another.

It's a normal part of a NURBS model that junctures where many edges come together will have the edges within some tolerance amount of the vertex, not necessarily each one ending exactly on it - many parts of NURBS modeling involves calculations of things like intersections and cuts to some acceptable tolerance level.

It's kind of hard to give you a very good answer without seeing a really specific situation...

> How do I get a "sold" Object?

I'll take a look at your model and see what might be wrong with it. But usually the best thing to do if you need a solid and your object is not a solid is to use the "select naked edges" script as shown here which will highlight edges that only belong to one surface instead of being joined between 2 surfaces:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6051.2

- Michael