Question about MOI background processing behavior

642.5 In reply to 642.4 
> But do you want me to continue to report these kinds of issues?

Certainly, the more information about problems the better!

The display artifact one seems to be a tough problem though, I took another look at your old version in some detail and I just can't repeat any similar problems over here. Also I haven't had any reports of this type of behavior other than yours.

The part that is especially odd is that when you mouse over, the screen will redraw but MoI sends the exact same mesh data to the video card as before the mouseover, just updating one color value... So it is difficult to think of what is going wrong there...

re: #1 - normally when there is a failure it should exit the "Calculating..." stage as well. It seems like in this case there is some bug that is preventing that from happening. Could you possibly post your model here (maybe with just one of those hexagons to keep file size low, I can make an array of them over here). If I can reproduce your problem over here it would help to figure it out and solve it.

re: #2, crash - well, that isn't better! Can you please take a look in the MoI folder in c:\Program Files and see if there was a file created there called moi_report1.zip ? When MoI crashes it tries to write some information in a crash dump file. If that was generated, please e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com, and that might also help me in tracking down the bug.

Thanks,

- Michael