Question about MOI background processing behavior

Hi Michael!

I must be a complete lunatic to use MOI for this, but: was inspired to make a honeycomb and wanted to use MOI, even though a honeycomb is (or starts out at least) as a polygonal thing.

So now I have my honeycomb (hexagon, offset, extrude, mucho copy and align), about 1000 separate objects. So far so good. Now I want to trim it into an irregular shape (that will fit in the mason jar I have in mind) with closed Nurbs curves.

I draw a curve, select the honeycomb, start a boolean difference operation with the curve as the object to subtract, and go off to do other things, expecting a long operation.

That was a couple of hours ago. MOI is still responsive, viewports pan and zoom, menus highlight. However, the status says "Calculating..." and the cursor has the hourglass.

Task Manager shows that MOI is consuming almost no cycles and that the memory footprint doesn't seem to change much or very often, which suggests to me that MOI isn't doing anything and may be through (or have failed) with the boolean.. There are three entries: MOI.EXE and 2 x moi_commandprocessor.exe.

I am not intimately familiar with MOI's behaviors yet but would really like this boolean to complete so am reluctant to mess with anything. Is it appropriate here to click "Done?" "Done" does highlight, but the cursor continues to show the hourglass.

Using your most recent beta.

Thanks!
Attachments: