Drawing as background image

6417.11 In reply to 6417.8 
Hi Brian, yeah you were asking about something similar a while back and I think at that point I had forgotten about this particular limit in MoI's settings, sorry about that.

> So for now my setting is 8,192. Not sure if there are any associated negative effects on model size?

It won't have any effect on 3DM model file size, but it will have an effect on the consumption of video memory on the video card.

Now that I look at the code again, the main reason why MoI has its own default limit of 2048 was to avoid consuming too much video memory, some video cards do not have whole lot of memory available and large texture maps consume an awful lot of memory.

Like for example an 8192x8192 pixel image will take up 256 Megabytes of video memory just to hold that single texture map alone. If your video card only has like 512MB of video ram it's probably not going to be able to allocate a big enough space for that gigantic sized texture map. Your card I think has 1GB of video memory so it can probably handle it ok for just one of them.

- Michael