My new hybrid laptop/tablet - bought specifically for MOI

6400.4 In reply to 6400.3 
Denis, this is my first Sony, and so far, I'm satisfied... with some caveats.

The main issues I had was out-of-the-box bugginess. There were a LOT of problems with the machine when first turned on - particularly with USB ports, sound volume after sleeping, and the auto-dimming backlight display. Luckily, after a LOT of update downloads from Sony, most of the issues seem to have been resolved. The autodimming is still kind of schizophrenic, but I was able to disable it as desired. Now the machine is pretty well sorted out (although I'm still getting used to finding all the "power user" functions in Windows 8... wish M$ didn't have the habit of trying to hide everything from the user..) Did you have similar issues with your Sony?

Michael, just curious - is there any consideration of doing a Metro, er, "Modern UI" version of MOI? I'm assuming probably not, but just wanted to ask. I'm fine using the "standard" desktop software, but it would be cool to have a Metro version which was touch/stylus optimized and I can think of at least one compelling reason to do a Metro version....

Cheers,

Eric
p.s. Happy New Year everyone!