How do I loft this?

Hi MoI users! I discovered MoI a few weeks ago and promptly bought a copy. I've been taking a crash course in using it. I'm building a model of an airplane, one I hope to feed into a CNC router to make a plug mould.

I'd like to make the shape of the air intake you see in the photos:

The is a fairly extreme transition. I found that I could get some curves to feed into the Loose Loft command by:
1) Building the profile curves forward and aft of the intake
2) Move/Copy those curves forward/backward so I can construct a pair of lofts that span the transition area.
3) Intersect each loft with an angled cutting plane and produce a series of curves using the Insect tool
4) Delete the 2 lofts
5) Re-loft everything with the loose loft tool.

Then I can loft the resulting set of curves using the Loose Loft function to create the transition. I found that 2 tightly spaced profiles before and after the transition produce the best results:

Not bad but not quite right. You can see the upper surface has a nasty twist at the transition point. Here with the points turned on you can see why:

I have tried a LOT of other ideas: networks, made cross hatching out of blended lines, rail lofts... I'm out of good ideas. I'm happy to go back to the drawing board. How would you tackle this problem?

3dm attached.